Facilities & Amenities at Mills Riverside Park
Include woodland hiking trails with benches for quiet contemplation, a group camping area, athletic fields, grassy meadows with stunning vistas, a pond, the Browns River, extensive wildlife habitat, a large timber frame Pavilion with picnic tables, a smaller gazebo, an historical covered bridge entrance, a sledding hill, an off-leash dog area; and in the summer months an evening Concert Series and a local Farmer’s Market.
Over the years local volunteer scout and school groups have provided the gazebo, numerous bridges, benches, tent platforms, garden projects, online field guides, plaques, signs, and trail work.
All areas and the facilities are free and open to the public for year-round enjoyment for events, sports, and activities. The Park is a popular place to meet friends for a walk, hiking, skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding, fishing, biking, picnics, cooling off in the river; and endless possibilities for outdoor play, nature viewing and relaxation. Several of our facilities can be reserved with a fee for your exclusive use.
Jericho Underhill Park District is now accepting reservations for park facilities for the 2023 season.
- Wilson A. Bentley Pavilion Permit – pavilion reservations for private parties, family events and celebrations. (Please note: Wedding, Civil Union and the like Ceremonies are no longer permitted in the Park.)
- Eagles Meadow Permit – meadow reservations which includes a Gazebo, fire pit and picnic tables and may be reserved for private parties, family events and celebrations. The area may also be reserved by schools, scouts or other formal organizations for overnight group camping. (Please note overnight camping it is not available for family camping.)
- Lauryn Ashley Stockdale Memorial Athletic Field Permit – field reservations for up to three playing fields. (Ref. field layout)
- Grounds / Trails Permit – required as a use awareness only permit forgroups of 25 or more attendees. There is no fee required except for a Port-o-let fee when attendees exceed 50. Permit does not provide exclusive use of park grounds or trails.
- Commercial License Permit is required for private concerns to operate a special event / service with an associated cost to their customers within the park. This permit allows for the option of including facility permits listed.
Booked reservations will appear on the Park Events Calendar. Please check the calendar for date availability prior to submitting a reservation form.
All reservations are first-come, first-served. Application forms must be mailed along with a check for the full amount to the Jericho Underhill Park District, P.O. Box 164, Underhill, VT 05489. The Park District Board of Trustees reviews and approves reservation applications twice a month at Board Meetings. Only after Board approval will your reservation be posted to the calendar.
Please note, the Jericho Underhill Park District Board of Directors reserves the right to request the user to provide liability insurance coverage for the event, in the amount of $1,000,000.00 listing the Jericho Underhill Park District as the certificate holder.
Please note: Wedding Ceremonies are not hosted at the park.